The NECKRA Points Series provides:
- A fun way to track your racing
- Encouragement to participate in more races
- Competition on a more leveled playing ground
Our handicapping system has proven to be a good leveler of gender, age and boat type
- A chance to win the series
Traveling trophy with your name added if you win
- A chance to win a top finisher prize
Top finishers in each series receive an additional gift from NECKRA
- A chance to win great raffle prizes
All series qualifiers are entered into the raffle
- ALL RACE DISTANCES ARE INCLUDED IN THE SERIES!
There are separate Downriver (whitewater) and Flatwater series, and each of those are separated for Canoes and Kayaks. After applying the appropriate handicaps (see below), the boat (containing at least 1 NECKRA member) with the best time in the longest distance offered gets 50 points. The next boat gets 49, the next gets 48, and so on.
After the longest distance is calculated, the next distance picks up where we left off. Therefore, if the slowest boat in the longest distance gets 42 points, the fastest boat in the next distance gets 41, then next boat gets 40, and so on.
- Multiple handicaps can apply to one boat
A 72 year-old woman and a 71 year-old man in a flatwater racing boat both get the following handicap:
Each Woman in C2 = -2, Two 70+ Paddlers = -4 (2 min each), TOTAL HANDICAP = -6 min/hr
- Age handicaps only apply to NECKRA members. If you are paddling with a non-NECKRA member, you will still get your own handicap(s), but you will not receive any age handicap for your partner. CONVINCE YOUR PARTNER TO JOIN NECKRA in order to take advantage of any age handicap for which they are eligible.
|Flatwater Canoe Handicaps|
|Downriver Canoe Handicaps|
|Age Handicaps (for all canoe & kayak series)|
|Kayak Handicaps for Downriver and Flatwater Series|